App missing in push notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Mrsholley826, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Mrsholley826 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 5c and I downloaded and app I wasn't sure if I'd like it as much as my husband and we have the same phones I might add. I downloaded the app and it asked to allow push notification or don't allow Bc it can be changed later on. I clicked don't allow. Now I want the push notifications. I've googled, Ive contacted support through the app but no response out of three attempts. I can't find anything about the missing app in my phones setting< push notifications. It's like it doesn't exist anymore. I've deleted the app and redownloaded it, also tried resetting date to another, I've restarted phone. I was unsure the closes thing I found to a similar problem was on this site with and iphone 4. They tried going through Icloud in the settings but I don't have the same options and clicked on everything to find how they got there and failed again. The push notifications exist but I can't change it please somebody help me I've tried everything I can think of and No success.. No help.. Please! I'm so frustrated with it.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Which app? There is probably a setting within the app to turn on push notifications again. Check there first.

3. Mrsholley826 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done that too it's called Hobbit. When I go through the app settings it should be yellow but it's grey and it tells me in order to turn on I need to go through my phone to allow it. Directions settings< notifications and I've went there and the app isn't there I even looked to see if I could refresh the notifications some way but nothing

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Re download the app and click allow this time.

5. Mrsholley826 thread starter macrumors newbie

I already tried that of course but it doesn't ask me again

6. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

What's it called exactly as I searched for hobbit and there are lots of apps but none just 'Hobbit'

7. Mrsholley826 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Hi I played with the app a bit, went through the tutorial etc but it hasn't asked me if I want push yet. I can see the in game setting instructions like you said though. Can't see it in iOS settings. You sure it asked you or you just assumed it did? Seems bugged anyway

9. Mcb555 macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. The app appears as Hobbit:KOM along with the rest of the apps on my cell. However, it does not appear in the notifications section. This is where we would select that we would like to receive push notifications for the game. I'm wondering if it's a compatability issues with iOS 8 and the app?