App Nap 10.9

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by MeUnix, Oct 16, 2013.

1. MeUnix macrumors 6502

I would like to start by first saying that I really like the App Nap feature.

Now to my point: Has anyone noticed that Safari takes quite a bit longer to go into "App Nap" mode then, say, Chrome? I noticed this the other day; Chrome went into App Nap after about 10 seconds of being minimized. On the other hand, Safari took closer to a minute to go into App Nap.

Just wondering if anyone else noticed.

- Kyle

2. bwat47 macrumors regular

all safari processes goes into app nap just a few seconds after minimizing it for me. It should also be noted that safari even uses app nap when you are using it, inactive tabs automatically go into app nap and only the currently selected tab is "full powered".

3. MeUnix thread starter macrumors 6502

I knew about the inactive tabs going into App Nap. Weird how my Safari takes a little extra time to go into App Nap. It doesn't bother me or anything, I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback. I may submit a bug report to Apple through my dev account regarding this. I'm going to test it a few more times to see if the "issue" persists.

- Kyle