App open/close animations

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Thierry ba, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

Anyone dislike this? Its clear android rip off. It's ***** ugly and slow. iOS6 animations are miles better.

2. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

The layering of the OS is pretty decent. They are just tooooooo damnnnnn slooooowwww. Even the fade-in on the lock screen is getting annoying even though it looks pretty.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yep, clearly an Android rep off. :rolleyes: So you're saying the Android animations are ugly and slow?

Have you used beta 4 yet? They're much faster.

4. Thierry ba thread starter macrumors 6502a

They're slow even on beta4. Take a look at iOS6 animations. This isnt even close. Its just not iOS quality.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's a beta. Just like they've gotten faster in beta 4, I'm sure we'll see them get somewhat faster in future betas.

Have you used a Galaxy S4 recently? Those animations stutter when you go into and out of an app.

6. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

They need to speed up the open/close app animations in my opinion, as well as the unlock-icons-sweep-in and the lock-fade.

Who cares what android does

7. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Agreed. My iPad is still running iOS 6 and switching apps, opening the multi tasking tray, etc, feels so quick, ******, and effortless (especially when using gestures).

Going into multitasking on my iPhone is slow, clunky, crashy, and even unintuitive at times.

We've got a couple more betas on the way so hopefully all will be sorted out soon enough.

8. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

Thats because the S4 faked their GPU benchmarks :p

(no really they actually detect benchmark apps and bump the speed of the GPUs: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7187/looking-at-cpugpu-benchmark-optimizations-galaxy-s-4)

9. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

The fact that they speed it up very very slightly every beta is proof they can just to CRANK UP the speed and be done with it. Its all millisecond timing anyway. Not sure why they wont other than for the OOOOOH AHHHHHH effect that lasts about 5 minutes.

10. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Again, people like you is why I get my account suspended every other week, yes, "it's a beta" argument applies here.

And they got faster from beta 3 to beta 4, and most likely will be even faster in the next 2-3 betas.

We are at least 2 months away from iOS 7 public release.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

Saw that today, but that's irrelevant. It still has a more powerful processor regardless of what Samsung did to it so it should not be stuttering.

I think they're just trying to get it right. People will complain no matter the speed so it's a lose-lose situation. I'd personally prefer it to be slightly faster when unlocking the device, but I wouldn't throw a fit if it stayed how it was now.

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I think the animation speed is fine with beta 4, but there is a noticeable lag after pressing the home button until the animation starts. The lag has been there since the first beta.

14. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

s n a p p y is now considered a curse word on these forums? that's pretty funny.

15. KUPARA macrumors regular

KUPARA

16. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I think that's because it's waiting a beat to see if you're going to double-tap it and activate the app switcher. A slight delay there is probably necessary.

17. pk7 macrumors 6502

Gogurt48 is right, plus if you have anything assigned to triple-click Home, it waits even longer.

18. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Then why wasn't this being complained about in iOS 6? Both of those features worked in fine but there wasn't this noticeable lag. In any case, I imagine it will be fine once the GM is out.

19. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Why is it when the iPhone gets a new feature that Android has had "its a rip-off!" and when Android finally gets "Find my phone" after 3 years we (Apple people) don't care.

I also find it funny now that Android has a iphone control center theme on their appstore.

20. Soundflunky macrumors regular

I'm sure if the AppStore wasn't so curated there'd be a bunch of Sense and Touchwiz looking stuff in there.