App opening animations in 4.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kahnyl, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Has anyone else noticed missing opening zoom animations for some third party apps? They just appear full screen after a short delay. I've seen it in the betas but I figured it would be fixed by release, however it's also happening in the GM.

2. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

That is happening in the GM? That was still happening in the latest iPad beta, but I figured it would be fixed by now. If it's still going on, I may not upgrade.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

that is because iOS 4.3 has not been officially released and App developers are just now being allowed to summit updates to their Apps for functionality that the betas may have broken. iOS 4.3 will be officially released next friday, so expect updates to many apps (Bug Fixes) sometime during next week.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You'd forgo personal hotspot, full airplay functionality and home sharing because of some lost animations?

5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Considering I won't use any of those features, yes. It's really choppy and annoying, at least on the iPad version. I doubt an app update will fix it.

6. kepner macrumors 6502

I bet a new iPad would. ;)

7. Kahnyl thread starter macrumors 68000

It's not lag. It happens with the same apps all the time. Unfortunately one of those is Twitter, which was just updated today.

8. kre62 macrumors 68000

My guess is they changed the file name of what was formerly default@2x.png. That file was the default splashscreen that would appear when the app wasn't in a suspended state. I'm sure a simple dev app update will fix it, but that is annoying that Apple would make devs perform such a trivial update for no reason.

9. Mobster Sauce macrumors member

The animations in iOS 4.3 are much smoother now (at least after the first launch).

Perhaps iOS developers have to update their apps now, who knows.

I'm happier now anyway...

10. periahdark macrumors member

periahdark

I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 4 but not on my 3GS. I find it really annoying. I wish there was a fix for this.

11. haulis macrumors regular

Yup, I'm getting this as well. If you exit the app and then close the app via the multitasking bar; now re-open that same app. You should now see the opening animation. Due to this I doubt it's because they renamed the default@2x.png file but for some reason iOS isn't calling upon it during the first launch.

This behavior also seems to reset once you reboot the phone.

Heres hoping that they fix it but I highly doubt they will considering they will most likely be focusing all of their efforts on iOS 5 from this point on, save for an update or two for security flaws.