App Organization Frustration

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zazoh, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

So, if I have scores of apps, the only way to get the one on the last screen to the first screen is to drag it.

I can't believe there isn't a way to organize in iTunes.

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

3. matttye macrumors 601

There's a simple way this could be solved as well.. when you drag an app down to those dots at the bottom, they should grow and move the app into that screen.

4. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Speaking of which couldn't you remove an app from teh dock, drag the app you want to move onto the dock, go to the first page, drag it onto the first page?

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yep, use the dock if you have to move all the way to the end.

But I don't organize apps anymore. Now that I use Spotlight to launch any app not on the first page, I don't care where they are. :cool: Saves a lot of switching and moving and trying to find the "best" system.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

That's an excellent idea.
    I've lately gone into settings>restore app list to default and they're moved to an alphabetical order. Kind of nice outside of then having to move "Owner Info." app back to the dock each time.

7. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

Yes Spotlight solves the problem.

Well, thats if you remember the spellings of the apps. I know I don't most of the time.

8. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yeah, it took me a couple of days to remember a few. Like the MLB app isn't called MLB At Bat like I thought. :rolleyes: But it seriously only took a couple of days for me to be able to launch my most used (not on page one) with no mistakes.