All iPads App Organization

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dwburnell, Jun 28, 2014.

1. dwburnell macrumors regular

Hey All,

I have all my apps organized in folders pretty much fitting one page. I was wondering what everyone does in regards to organizing their apps. I want to be more productive but also don't want tons and tons of pages. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

I keep my main apps on the first and second pages and tuck away things I don't want or rarely use on folders. This applies to android also, (except there's no need to hide apps in folders).

I also always change my wallpaper off of the default. I know that's off topic but people never seem to change off of the default wallpaper.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I started out doing the same thing, but now some of my apps have spilled over into the second page. :p So now I keep some of my most used folders in the dock, so I can access the apps in those folders from whichever page I'm on.

4. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I keep everything on the first page. The most used apps do not reside in folders, while the folders categorically organize everything else. It works well enough for me. I know I need to move the settings app out of the games folder, oops. Usually I will download one game, play it through and delete it so there isn't anything in there at the moment.

[​IMG]

5. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

1 page, bottom row blank on my ipad. no real rhyme or reason besides App Store being in the top left as it has always been for me and iOS devices :)

Attached Files:

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I organize them into groups of similar type. Games, reference, sports, news, productivity, tech, etc, etc. I'm OCD and this pleases me. :)

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

DO what works for you the best. I basically keep the stuff I use the most on the first page and seldom used on the second page. I stuff the apps that I never use in a folder and move on.:apple:

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Find a mechinism that works best for you.

What I do, may not fit your needs.

I have my most used apps on the first screen, I avoid folders mostly, and if I don't use an app much, it gets deleted.

9. CrockettGTO macrumors regular

It seems like we follow a fairly consistent path. Folders for grouping like apps, no folders for most frequently used etc.

Personally I've preferred to have my dock be the place for my most liked/active apps and folder all rest.

I really like being able to have more than 4 apps in the dock as allowed on the iPad. Wish the iPhone allowed a 5th app in the dock.

Also mostly put all the Apple "fluff" apps (what I consider useless to me, but not removable) in a single folder and do my best to mirror the layout across all my iOS devices for consistency

Attached Files:

10. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I started out similar.

I had Apple stuff and most used on page 1.
    Then folders on page 2 with a couple single apps.
    Page 3 was my son's page of games and such.

but then he started getting apps, and I had auto download and it has become a bit of a mess.

but this is the iPad 2...I feel it can get that way for a while. maybe next year or year after i will upgrade and redo the organization.

11. ozaz macrumors 65816

On the dock bar I have:
    Settings, Safari, Mail, Contacts, and Calender.

Other apps not in folders:
    App Store, iTunes Store, Clock, Newsstand

I have folders dedicated to Apple, Google, and Microsft apps. All my other folders are categorical (music, video, news, etc). This takes up two homescreens.

App organisation is something I much prefer on Android where everything can be accessed from an alphabetical app list/drawer, and you specifically choose which apps get shortcuts on your homescreens.

12. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

I organize my folders based on actions..."watch", "read", "play" etc

13. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Sometimes it's best to look at what apps you do and do not use. That and if you have multiple apps that do the same thing, which one does it the best?

Do you really need maps and weather there and center on your iPad for instance?