App ownership - how does this work?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by juliancs, Dec 24, 2010.

1. juliancs macrumors 6502

Got my iphone today, and I love it to death.

I noticed that some of the Apps are discounted/made free for a limited time. If I download them when free, do I 'own' the app - can I delete them, and download them again at a later date (even when they are no longer free?).

I assume if I buy an app, I can delete it and download it again at a later time.

Thanks!

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

If you back it up on your comp before you delete it, you can just reinstall later when you want it. But generally iTunes recognizes an app you've purchased previously and won't charge you again. Its worked a few times for me. Don't know how it works with an app that's discounted to free but trying to download again lager when it's not. But like i said, just back it up n your computer first and then you'll have it whenever you need it.

3. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

If you get an app for free, then they later charge a price for it (and they are not doign teh demo/ite vs. Full version thing) you don't get charged.

4. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

what do you mean "generally"? Apples rule is you download an app, you can redownload it again for free no matter if there is a price change or not. hope this helps.