App performance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OscarSalazar__, May 29, 2017.

1. OscarSalazar__ macrumors newbie

Anyone else notice that some apps run horrible on iPhone 7plus? It seems that twitter and Reddit along with SoundCloud are the only ones for me. Scrolling is horrible it's nothing but stuttering maybe it is that the app is not properly optimized?? Idk wondering if anyone else has this going on for them

2. Susurs macrumors 6502a

Susurs

I sometimes encounter laggy scrolling through facebook. Have not noticed any other lags/slow performance.

3. OscarSalazar__ thread starter macrumors newbie

I feel like it might be iOS, I've noticed iOS 10.3 and up have just been a mostly unpleasant experience

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not all apps are created equal.
    Some are very buggy and run like crap. Others are very battery intensive or use lots of data or continue to use resources even after it closes etc.
    It's something that particular apps dev will have to fix and optimize to run smooth under various hardware and iOS versions.
    It's not something Apple via an iOS update would need to optimize and put out a fix for Reddits AppStore app to run smoother for example.

5. leo7 macrumors newbie

Yes the scrolling performance in a lot of apps is horrible, scrolling performance is objectively better on Android for most of these apps.

Apps that have constant frame drops and stuttering while scrolling.

Reddit
    YouTube
    Medium
    Google keep list view
    Drippler
    Hash
    Product Hunt
    Google news
    Soundcloud
    Bleacher Report
    Curiousity
    TheScore
    And a few more...

Few possible reasons for these issues IMO.
    1.Scroll caching is inefficient.
    2.Hardware is just not powerful enough to handle a lot of items at the same time.