App price hike

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Billywiz1307, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billywiz1307 macrumors member

Good one Apple, 16% to 20% price hike on Apps in App Store.

I'm new to Apple products having only had an iMac and MBP for two years and I have to say the products are nice to use but I am amazed how Apple treats you lot regarding lofty prices. It would appear to me that if Apple released a dog turd, Apple fans would buy it in their thousands, irrespective of the price provided it carried the Apple logo.

2. lfc macrumors regular

All they did was update the pricing to reflect the current exchange rates, and rightfully so. The pricing that was used previously was very outdated.

P.S. Prices went down as well.

3. Billywiz1307 thread starter macrumors member

See what I mean - "Oh yes please Apple, walk all over me I don't mind". Get a grip, Apple tell us they're selling Zillions of apps so due to economies of scale, the prices should drop.

4. lfc macrumors regular

Erm. Do you not understand what exchange rates are?
    The old pricing was outdated. It needed to be updated.
    Previous pricing was unfair for some countries. E.g. Australia, we had to pay a fair bit more money then compared to U.S. even though we had a stronger dollar then they did. Some cases went as far as $5 by memory, give or take (and that was a $15 app. Wonder what the difference on one of those $100 apps would of been...). This is NOT a ploy to grab more money... And how could it? Makes no sense seeing as prices are lower for some.

5. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

You joined a week ago, and made only these two posts so far.

Don't be afraid to abandon Apple and this forum. We won't be offended.

6. chrono1081, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011

chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Like others have said, its due to the exchange rate. Prices went down for many countries.

The way this works in a basic sense is if a countries money is worth more than ours currently the price will go down, if its equal to ours the price will stay the same, if its worth less than ours the price will go up. Thats how every single business who deals internationally works. Its also how things work when you go to the airport and exchange currency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.