App Purchasing

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by digbyp, May 30, 2009.

1. digbyp macrumors regular

Just noticed last night!

I purchased an App on computer with iTunes and rather than hook up iPhone to computer, wnet to the App store on iPhone to download app.

Previously, I would be told you have already purchased app, do you want to download again Yes, No. Last night I was advised, if you download again, you will be charged! That has never happenned before

So, watch out

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Huh? Weird. You sure? What app? I might try it.

3. fratboy macrumors regular

NO you will NOT be charged again.. i have done it MANY MANY times'.. it says you have already downloaded it would you like to download it again for FREEE.

4. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Um, no it didn't. Any app purchased AT ALL, whether it be on you computer or iPhone, is available for free next time you download it. You WILL NOT be charged.

As long as your computer and iPhone are set up with the same iTunes account, you won't be charged.

Your post is false.

5. fratboy macrumors regular

ok i re read your post and i know what your talking about... its eaither a free app which this has happened to me also. or the app you purchased you deleted and are trying to redownload it and if they raised or lowered the price you WILL have to pay again

6. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

Even if the price has changed it shouldnt cost to download it again.

7. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Not only shouldn't you have to pay to download it again, you won't have to pay again, regardless of what has happened to the price since you got it the first time. Provided, as another poster said, that you download from the same iTunes account that you used to get it the first time.

8. digbyp thread starter macrumors regular

9. icedmocha macrumors regular

I just did this (because flight control was not showing the update in app update:rolleyes:) and did not have to pay.

10. det2004 macrumors 6502

Are you using 3.0? It seems that only people who are using 3.0 are getting this message.

11. seanofthedead macrumors member

This may be a *little* off-topic, but it has to do with purchasing Apps so I guess it's ok (and better to ask here than to start a whole new thread just for a simple answer).

Is there any way to download something using money from an iTunes giftcard AND a bank account?

I want to download Zenonia but I'm $0.20 short (yes, really).

12. losx12 macrumors member

yes, they'll just charge the balance to your card, in this case $0.20.