app rejected

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by chhoda, Aug 22, 2013.

1. chhoda macrumors 6502

my app is rejected by the app store after successful validation and upload through code 4.2

i have added

Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png 2048 x 1496
    Default-Landscape~ipad.png 1024 x 748
    Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png 1536 x 2008
    Default-Portrait~ipad.png 781 x 1024
    Default@2x~iphone 734 x 960
    Default~iphone.png 367 x 480

in my Resources / splash group in xcode !
    what changes do i need to do ? I read the docs, but i could not figure out what i am missing !

the mail says

Dear developer,
    We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "yourApp". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:
    iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. New iPhone apps and app updates submitted targeting iOS 6 and above must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image with the -568h size modifier immediately following the <basename> portion of the launch image's filename. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and iOS App Programming Guide.
    Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:
    Non-PIE Binary - The executable 'yourApp.app' is not a Position Independent Executable. Please ensure that your build settings are configured to create PIE executables. For more information, refer to Technical Q&A QA1788 - Building a Position Independent Executable
    Once the required corrections have been made, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.
    Regards,
    The App Store team

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You need a launch image like Default-568h@2x.png added to the top of your bundle.

3. eebean2 macrumors newbie

eebean2

I know for a fact that Apple is require this for the fact of its new phone launch as well as iOS7 launch next month. This optimization is required for it to be capable to transition over to the new iOS and new phone(s) easier. This is for your benefit (it is easier in the long run if you plan to do updates)

4. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

This has nothing to do with Apple's future plans. iPhones with 4" screens have been out for about a year now and Apple requires that all apps have proper assets for them.

5. chhoda thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks all for the replies, how would i ensure the Default-568h@2x.png in the top of the bundle ? what would it be size ? is it ok if i resize Default.png to this size ?

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I would just drag the image into the "Retina (4-inch)" placeholder spot in your app target's Summary tab, Launch Images section. Xcode will be sure to put it where it needs it.

640 x 1136

Probably not. It would look strange stretched that way. Recreate the app launch image to take into account the new resolution. What does your image contain? A prerendered version of your app’s default user interface? If so, I would suggest taking a new screenshot of your app running on a 4" iPhone and then adjusting accordingly.

7. chhoda thread starter macrumors 6502

unfortunately i still get another error this time

Your app contains a launch image with a size modifier that is only supported for apps built with the iOS 6.0 SDK or later

and it does not say image name ! crazy.

I also did the settings for PIE, but i dont know why it says PIE, though it says need not fix this .

is itat all possible to publish app using 10.6.8 xcode 4.2 and ios sdk 4.3 ?

really frustating, why force update when the owner is fine with old sdk ?

8. xArtx, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013

xArtx macrumors 6502a

When I submitted a binary with PIE set the wrong way round,
    everything worked, but I recieved an automated email suggesting
    I correct the problem, but it didn't look like that meant the App wasn't going to enter review.

The update to iOS7 broke my app on the device, lucky another dev was
    using the beta, he downloaded the App Store distribution, and warned me.
    Not the same thing, I know, but they might want to depreciate something
    that is only has a replacement later, or force iPhone users to update their own firmware, or some such reason.

It sounds like you are trying to use a 4 inch retina boot image before
    your IDE supports it?
    That particular case sounds like it's time to update, because something changed,
    rather than pulling a whip on you for fun.

If you meant what I think you meant by stretching Default.png, the answer is no.
    You need two images. The one you have, and the additional version called Default-568h@2x.png,
    which the forum thinks is an email address.

Now I'm not surprised your app is rejected.
    I don't know jack about iOS, but you need to allow Xcode to do what it's asking.

Of course it's rejected, what image was supposed to be displayed on an iPhone 5?