App request: online Diplomacy

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Gokunama, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

App request, a multiplayer online game that support chats, multiple games, and time limits to submit orders (no orders at time limit means that player does nothing for a turn), but give a day for players to negotiate with other players, make alliances, and plan how to conqour the world, and then at the time limit, see which alliances stand, and where there has been backstabbing.

2. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

why did i not see this? i love diplomacy. i assume you are talking about the avalon hill board game? if so mate, yes, that would freaking rock for wifi or network games, but honestly, with my mates, id rather just play the board game.

a turn or two a day would be great for ongoing games as are played by email. mate, freaking amazing request.

diplomacy at wikipedia - quite possibly the most unique of the big turn-based strategy war games.

3. Denigo macrumors newbie

Somebody do this!! "Diplomacy" would immediately become my favorite app!

I don't know how hard Diplomacy would be to implement on the iPhone... I'm guessing it would work a lot like "Chess with Friends" and "Words with Friends" where the games are hosted and maintained on a server somewhere.

I would buy this app in a heartbeat and nag all my friends til they bought it too! :)

4. msduncan macrumors 6502

Me too.

I've been begging for a turn based world domination/strategy game.

5. ntmurphy macrumors newbie

DP Judge

Not sure if you needed it to specifically be a phone application, but I've been playing online at http://www.floc.net/dpjudge/

It's fantastic. All moves and correspondence done on the website ... all results in emails. Can be done anonymously or private games where everyone knows who's who. Very flexible as far as set-up, and different/creative rules that can be applied, as well as other variants and maps.

Great site. I'd played for a couple years w/the board version. Think I finished 1 game. These can go on for months (depending on the pace you decide upon), but you always make it to the end game!

6. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

Wow, this is an old thread but it looks like a great idea and I was wondering if anyone had created this app yet (or at least found a similar app). Anyone?

7. fallingrock macrumors newbie

I have created and released an app for diplomacy called "The Game of Diplomacy". Its a bit light on features at this point but it would be great if people could try it out and give me feedback.

-Chris Hughes