App requests...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by -Dark Angel-, Nov 30, 2007.

1. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Hi there. I figure to make a thread where everyone who needs something can come here to request and hopefully a developer will see this to try and work on the app. I don't have much but I was wondering if anyone can work on a Freecell card game. The iSolitarie is nice, but its little boring to me, always loved Freecell. It be great if it wasn't safari based, always hated that connect to the web to use the apps. :(. Err, ok a few other games just popped into my head.
    The Sudoku game is alright..for basic looks, but maybe someone can help make it look nice and sexy (just like the iPhone/touch). Something like the screenshot on this page. I love the OSX look.
    One last game I've seen that would be nice is something like this Mahjong. It looks very nice and oriental which is great game I've used on my old pda which had a 320x480 screen so the iPhone and touch be great for this as well. I also loved the calming music it played as well. I know its asking alot but just saying how awesome it would be to have games of these quality to pass the time with the iPhone/iTouch.
    Thanks and hope to see others put in request as well and maybe see them come true ^_^

2. Nicky-Larson macrumors member

Scrabbles

I love the game scrabbles, seeing the deve;oped would be awesome. As always, DOnations available

3. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Well if you can plug one of those mics you can get for normal iPods into the touch, I would like to see a Skype like app, so I can make free calls on it when near a hotspot.

iTunes acting like iTunes on the PC and Mac, where you can play your music through the airport express and share your library with others. The first part shouldn't be that hard since there are already opensource programs on PC/Mac/Linux that let you use the airport express as a kind of sound card.

An RTS game like the original C&C or maybe warcraft would also be nice. I think someone actually did an opensource C&C engine at one point, although I don't know what happened to it.

4. arrjaytea macrumors newbie

My two biggest desires as far as apps are:

1. Crossword Puzzles; similar to the NY times compilation released for DS this year.

2. Line in recording. I'd like to be able to record live shows direct from a soundboard into the Touch - might be a pipe dream, but it'd be nice.

5. elitexero macrumors newbie

DivX/XviD player.

I'm sick of programs like 'SUPER IPOD VIDEO CONVERTER 2007' and I can't stand videora either. I don't see the point spending 50 mins converting a video to a format I'm only going to use once.

6. cmuench macrumors member

Amen brother on the converter thing. I want vlc for the ipod.

7. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

Del.icio.us import

I'd like an app that would import my Del.icio.us bookmarks into my safari bookmarks, with the tags being folders.

A safari plugin would be better, but a sync app would be fine as well.

8. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

all i want is an .avi codec for videos on the touch, and an adobe flash plugin for safari

9. albinoAZN macrumors regular

Second. The two necessities.