App Review Question

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by newtoiphonesdk, Sep 16, 2010.

1. newtoiphonesdk macrumors 6502a

I had an app approved Tuesday that had a small error that needed to be fixed, so I fixed the error and submitted an update. I also emailed an expedited review request. They accepted the request and began reviewing it yesterday. However, the yahoo servers were down that afternoon, and one of my views pulled a site off my yahoo hosted webpage. This meant when they reviewed it, they couldn't access it, and sent an email to me saying they couldn't approve it because it didn't meet core requirements listed in my description of the app. I wrote back explaining the problem. I haven't heard anything back, but on itunesconnect it still shows my app as In Review and not rejected. Do you think they are taking a 2nd look at it, or just forgot to hit the rejected button? If they don't take a 2nd look I'll need to resubmit the binary, but I'm just confused on what to do now.

2. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Since they seem to be quickly reviewing the updates you submit, you could just upload the fixed binary again. Unless there's either a huge problem in the app that needs to be fixed as soon as possible or you have a huge user base, bringing out an update one day or the next really doesn't matter.

3. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

They quickly reviewed the update on a one time only expedited review request. The issue is that I don't know if it is actually rejected or what, as the status still says In Review, despite the email they sent.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Did the email actually say it was "rejected"? Or just that they "couldn't approve it"? These can be two different things, as was the case with the Google Voice app.

5. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

The wording was that they could not post this version to the App Store. It finally did approved, and as soon as they approved it, they then emailed me back saying that it was in the App Store.

6. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

If you just upload the update again, that new version will be reviewed and the review process of the old version will be stopped. That way, you could be sure that your app would be reviewed, at the cost that your update might come out a few days later.