App Reviews Count Is Off?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by KRAPPS, Jan 15, 2009.

1. KRAPPS macrumors 6502

KRAPPS

Anyone know why this occurs ... so when you search for an app within the App Store via the iPhone, say Ringr Roulette, it indicates 21 reviews ... then when you click on the app title to see it's description, 21 reviews becomes 1 review. Seems strange ... any insights? Thank you!

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

My hunch since I've seen them too often...

Probably because of caching, or several people submitted a review hours(minutes) ago, which are still pending by the time you were looking at it.

3. qwanza macrumors member

It shows how many people have rated the App.
    Although 21 people rated the app, only 1 person posted a review.

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

In addition

Because of that delete-app-from-iPhone/iPodTouch-then-rate feature.

5. KRAPPS thread starter macrumors 6502

KRAPPS

Ahhhhh - understood ... Apple should change the wording on this ... Ratings vs Review ... review implies a written review.

6. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Probably because only full reviews are shown, simple star reviews aren't. So when a person adds the app, then deletes it putting only a star review. It counts towards the total reviews, but not to the reviews shown.

7. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I've said this before, but this seems like a good time to say it again: The rate-while-deleting-from-the-iPhone system probably ought to be ditched. It only lowers average ratings without providing prospective users with any useful information at all about how the application works (or doesn't).

8. cycler15 macrumors member

Totally agreed. Most users who delete an app are not going to give it 4 or 5 stars. This "feature" was complete nonsense, no idea what Apple was thinking.

9. return7 macrumors 6502

yes! yes! yes! :(