Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I don't see any place in the article where the newspaper mentioned an act of faith. All they did was report what other people said. That is their job.

It's neat that an iPhone app was responsible for saving the athlete's life.

coochiekuta

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
here and there
Not to take away from the usefulness of smartphone apps, but..

Any decent school basketball coach should know how to do CPR.

i hate bad reporting. the story has a spin to make you think he learned cpr from his phone. that is not the case. if you read the la times article it says "We are trained in CPR, but the iPhone app was a stabilizer for us."

im almost certain all persons working with children get trained in cpr. at least where im from they do.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I don't see any place in the article where the newspaper mentioned an act of faith. All they did was report what other people said. That is their job.

It's neat that an iPhone app was responsible for saving the athlete's life.

"It may have seemed like a huge coincidence, but given the holiday season, Cooper's timely intervention seemed almost a guided act of faith."

You missed that? No one said it, that's the writer.

My mistake anyway, it's a HS "newspaper". And, as others have said, I'm really surprised that, as a HS coach, this guy isn't required to know CPR and first aid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.