App screens + folders messed up when I restore from backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by J.C, Aug 4, 2010.

1. J.C macrumors 6502

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 4 and set it up as a new device rather than restoring from a backup. Since then I've restored from backup several times in a bid to fix my atrocious battery life. Each time I do I find my Apps aren't restored where they were when i last backed up. Most (but not all) folders are deleted and the Apps are spread about randomly.

Any ideas why this happens or how to get around it?

2. ratman2356 macrumors member

Mine did this when I rebooted my phone. I had my phone about 3 weeks and one day last week noticed that one of my icons was not showing up, just the name for it. I did a hard reboot? where you hold down both buttons and let it boot back up and it dumped all my folders and spread all my apps across 10 pages. 2 days later my phone died. Would randomly reboot and went hours at a time where it would not do anything at all. Took 5 attempts to restore to default via itunes but that still didn't help.

I took it in to genius and they said it had minimal water damage on bottom sensor and gave me a new one. (FWIW I did not get it wet or drop it. Only possible water it could have gotten was from sweat in my pocket as I work outside and it's very HOT here.)