app sharing-2 iphones-1 shared itunes account ??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macnfab, Feb 27, 2010.

1. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

Hi,

Both my husband and I just got iphones on friday (soo in love!!). My question is this. I have a mobileme and both of our macbooks are hooked up to my itunes account and I set up both iphones like this as well. It didn't make sense to me to bother with new one since the $$ comes from the same bank account. So i would like to know if there is a way to share our paid apps? For example a few gaming apps that allow us to play together on our wifi, but of course I only want to buy them once if at all possible.

Any other couples sharing an itunes account (on 2 separate macs and iphones) figured this out?

Thanks in advance:apple:

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Yes.

My wife and I share the same iTunes account so when I purchase an app, it's available to her at no cost. You still have to go through the process of 'purchasing' the app but when it starts to download to your machine an alert window will pop up and tell you it's already been purchased.

3. qnc macrumors member

I share apps on 4 different phones. No issues.

The downloaded app will sync because both phones have the same itunes credentials.

4. macnfab thread starter macrumors regular

macnfab

Thanks. This will apply even if I use 2 different MacBooks to sync them with pics and such?

5. qnc macrumors member

It should work, you are allowed to have up to 5 computers synced with your iTunes account.