App sharing over 2 iPhones??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by badbradderz, Jun 25, 2010.

1. badbradderz macrumors regular

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have had an iPhone 3G for over a year now, with lots of apps, etc on it which my girlfriend likes to use. As i picked up an iPhone 4 yesterday i am giving my 3G to her.

My question is, is there any way i can keep all my apps/games on the phone for her without her having to purchase them again?

Presumably when she sync's it up to her laptop for the first time it will want to wipe the phone and start from scratch?

In theory could she then use my iTunes account on her PC and on the phone and subsequently download all the apps i have previously purchased, free of charge?

Thanks.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Restore the phone etc back to normal. Sign into your iTunes account on the phone. Download all the apps she wants (this will be free). When she syncs with her laptop you'll have to authorize it to for your iTunes account (but she can still use hers).

3. badbradderz thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your reply, so once they are on the 3G they will remain on even if she then switches iTunes accounts from mine to hers?

4. BMJT macrumors regular

Yep, should do, my g/f and I do the same. She might have to log into your account in itunes to update them though.

5. badbradderz thread starter macrumors regular