App sorted order on home screen ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macrumorsuser10, Dec 30, 2016.

1. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

I previously had an iPhone 5 and recently bought a new iPhone 7.

I know that when you download apps, they appear on your home screen in the order of when you downloaded them, with the most recent app placed last in the list of apps. However, when I downloaded my first couple of apps, they appeared in a different sorted order. See below.

app_order.png

My first apps I downloaded were:
    1. Youtube
    2. Wikipanion (this should have been after Youtube, but it was placed before Youtube)
    3. Fidelity (but this was placed before Wikipanion).
    4. I then downloaded ESPN, and it was put after Fidelity. I then deleted ESPN and downloaded it again. Now it's listed last, and all subsequent apps are in the regular order (most recent app is placed last).

Has anyone experienced this ordering with their first apps?

2. woodynorman macrumors 6502a

Why don't you just move them?

The last couple apps Ive downloaded went to the second page, even though I have open space on the home page. Not a big deal. I just moved them to where I wanted them.

Just trying to understand why you would create a thread for something so trivial?

3. T5BRICK, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016

T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I've never actually paid attention because I move my apps into a folder almost immediately.

4. macrumorsuser10 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was wondering why the first few apps did not get placed in the order that was expected.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Did you download them at about the same time?

6. macrumorsuser10 thread starter macrumors 6502

I downloaded them one after another, maybe 30 seconds in between. But I've done that before on my previous iPhones, and they got listed in the right order.

7. macTW Suspended

Order of download completion probably. That's my guess.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps despite tapping on one earlier another one got going before the one prior to it. Ultimately doesn't make much of a difference as the apps can be moved around.