App Store $100 -- Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tharius, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Tharius macrumors newbie

I just bought the new MacBook Air 13 inch and I was wondering what apps you guys would suggest that I can purchase.

Some basic information:
    1. I'm a college student, so anything like note-taking or apps beneficial like that I would greatly appreciate.
    2. I don't have an interest in purchasing any type of media (movies, music, shows)
    3. I don't really want to purchase any games.
    4. I have an iPhone also, so suggestions for that as well would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

2. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

You might want to keep $20 (I'm guessing that's what it'll cost) or so of that hundred for OS/X Mavericks, which should come out in the next month or two.

3. Calady macrumors newbie

I take some online classes at my school and I would recommend getting an app that you can highlight your pdf. It come in handy when reading the online supplements.

4. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Best advice I can give you (especially in light of #2 and 3 on your list), as you cannot use it to buy merchandise with, at the Apple store, sell it online, and get yourself a little HDD, to back up your content with TimeMachine. That may sometime in the future become the best $$ spent.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If nothing is interesting you with the gift card app wise, then sell it. People are getting around 80 bucks so you might as well get some cash if you're not interested in using it.

6. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

If you do not have Microsoft Office, get Pages and Keynote (Skip Numbers). However that is IF since office is better by quite a bit.

iStudiezPro - You can buy the Mac and iOS version which syncs class schedules, assignments, and other good college stuff together. I HIGHLY recommend getting this. I have it for my MBA, iPhone, and iPad and it works flawlessly.

7. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

Pages, for typing documents that require any more powerful styling than TextEdit.

(That can be done in Preview.)

Don't rush to spend the rest – there are lots of great apps for everything, and you'll probably run into something you love eventually.

8. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Get this freebie
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-mac-freebie-bundle-2-0

Keep checking on this website and subscribe to them, they make insane deals.

Download Pages, Keynote which are like microsoft word and powerpoint for mac since u cant use the $100 to buy office bcz its not on the app store/