App Store absolutely huge

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Toutou, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

Seriously, what's with the size of that thing? I mean, on the screen. Is macOS getting ready for touch input, or… dunno. Just what kind of ****ing design is this?

(compared to a sane app like Finder)
    mas.jpg

2. sosumi99 macrumors 6502

sosumi99

It did look odd to me as well -- and the thought did occur to me whether the new App Store has also been rewritten to use iOS APIs.

3. CreeptoLoser macrumors 6502

CreeptoLoser

4. ThunderMasterMind macrumors 6502a

ThunderMasterMind

How was it messy before?

5. randomgeeza macrumors 6502

I agree with OP and have already started a thread about it.

The font size is nasty large and needs to be adjustable. Likewise, with the sidebar.

Another thing I noticed was, if you click the menu bar items with a mouse it moves the app window. They allowed a clickable area to also move the window rather than opting to use the top of the sidebar or window itself, avoiding this scenario.

IMHO, it's bad! It disappoints me every time I use it. And if it is a clue as to how macOS is headed come the iOS app compatibility thing, I guess I'm out. Home, News, Stocks and Voice Memo's are equally as bad. iOS wrapped. And not wrapped well.

6. frou macrumors 6502

frou

The old Mac App Store was strange when it debuted as well. The way it did navigation as silhouette icons in the centre of a skinny toolbar did not feel Mac-like at the time.