App Store Account changed once I JB!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CADer, May 6, 2010.

1. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

Ok I look around but found nothing. I JB my iphone 2 days ago, I have done this before so I am not a total newb but for some reason when I try to update app store apps the account that comes up to update them is my buddies account I used once or twice to try out one of his apps. Even though the apps are purchased under my account and the iphone is signed in in my account the apps are trying to use his account????

I know his password and put it in but then it informs me that these apps are only at this discounted price if perviously owned by that account, so updating would cost him the price of the apps.

Any help would be appreciated, as I will just restore to the prison of apple products.

Tried:
    - signing into my account again
    - restarting phone
    - syncing apps from my computer

Side note: I can't even sync them from the computer! can JB phone not sync with itunes? I used Spirit.

2. navigates macrumors 6502a

This has nothing to do with your jailbreak. Its the account settings that gets locked on your phone. Do this. Sync your iphone on your PC with your account and the message will pop up on itunes, that you will loose all data.. etc. That should fix it.

3. CADer thread starter macrumors 6502

CADer

I synced 4 times just now and nothing, I have never entered my buddies account into the computer so it should not attach it to the phone.

Also, when I click update on the 3 apps his account email comes up to input his password but when I go to the account on the iphone (bottom of featured tab) the account has my info... so that is what makes me think it is due to JB and not just a lame error on my part.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but my computer wont even let me add any app from my computer to my iphone?

4. CADer thread starter macrumors 6502

CADer

Nope.

5. CADer thread starter macrumors 6502

CADer

nothing?

Anyone have a link that can point me to a fix before I go thru the hassle of restoring?

6. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

7. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Doesn't sound like a bug, just that you have apps that your friend downloaded on your computer.
    I have some apps my GF bought on my phone, and when they update they want her password, even if i'm still singed in to AppStore