App Store Account Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TruePS4WiiUFan, Feb 1, 2015.

1. TruePS4WiiUFan macrumors newbie

TruePS4WiiUFan

I plan to buy either Mac or Mini Mac soon. My question is: If I log into my friend's iPad or Mac to make a few purchases - how will this affect our accounts? Since the logging in information will be on my friend's iPad or MAC.

For example, if I log in, will he get these Apps that I purchased so far on my iPhone for free? The same thing goes for making any purchases on iTunes, iPad or iPhone Store? Please let me know. Thank you.

Sorry if I am asking wrong questions in off-topic threads.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Here's a suggestion that -might- work (no promises).

Have your friend create a NEW account on HIS Mac, using a username that YOU choose. Also, have a password that YOU choose.

Now, when it's time to make your initial purchase, log into YOUR account on his Mac.

If necessary, create your OWN Apple ID using your account.

Use this to buy YOUR Mac.
    You probably shouldn't use it for much else.

Wait until you get the new Mac, then set it up using the same username and password.

Once this is done, have your friend delete YOUR account on HIS Mac.

I've never done this personally, and am not sure if it can indeed work, but it might be the easiest way.

Perhaps some other posters will jump in to correct me if this procedure won't work.

I would not recommend that you use your friend's iPad.
    Use the Mac with your own account, as above.