Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Not that this couldn't be true, but I am a developer with an app that will be in the App Store and I have received no such notification that these articles reference.

sdd4

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2007

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I have a really hard time [no pun intended] working out different timezones...what is the PST right now? (It's 9.37AM on July 10 where I am in Australia...)

baseballbent

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
I have a really hard time [no pun intended] working out different timezones...what is the PST right now? (It's 9.37AM on July 10 where I am in Australia...)

PST is in california where i am and where apple hq is. and right now its 6:38 pm here

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
So 9AM PST will be noon EST. Bummer - I've got a t-time to play golf with my brother tomorrow afternoon. I won't be able to upgrade until tomorrow night.

theotherrogue

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
So what does this mean for the New Zealand folks who will be getting their iPhone at 5 PST, 8:00 EST ?

baseballbent

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
So 9AM PST will be noon EST. Bummer - I've got a t-time to play golf with my brother tomorrow afternoon. I won't be able to upgrade until tomorrow night.

yea i know. i have school from 8 till 12:30. and im in cali so i wont be able to upgrade for a couple hours :(

dpslade14

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
To the Australian having trouble with the time zones, if you have an iPod or iPhone (which i am assuming you have because you care about this info) it has the time zonees on the world CLOCK! DUH! PST= Los Angeles. YOUR WELCOME:)

theotherrogue

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
Also, just because Apple is opening the App Store at that time doesn't mean that 2.0 software will be available at exactly the same time. They'll probably stagger the launches to help work out any kinks.

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
Not that this couldn't be true, but I am a developer with an app that will be in the App Store and I have received no such notification that these articles reference.

Same here.

The TechCrunch article doesn't cite any sources either. We'll see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.