App Store and Paypal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gonzo3333, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I just looked at my bill online this morning. For some reason I was charged $49.99 for "other charges". Does anybody have any idea what that means? Any app that I buy from the app store has been paid through Paypal, I have all the reciepts in my email inbox. Do you think ATT is charging me for the apps I have downloaded even after paying for them with Paypal? I haven't been able to call them about it yet because I am at work but I will when I get home tonight. Any advice before I leave work would be great.

Thanks

2. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

AT&T doesn't have anything to do with the App Store.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I would talk with Apple. There is a possibility that the "other" charges are for paypal fees, which would be BS if they were charging you for their fee. I would get in touch with apple, either via phone or iTMS support.

4. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I think that charge is kind of BS. My wife doesn't order anything on her phone that we would be billed for. I just want to get to the bottom of this before I have to bend over and take it from ATT.

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

If anything, PayPal would charge Apple and not the BUYER.

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

This past month I had $30+ for "other charges". Called AT&T and ******* em out and they ended up apologizing and saying it was a mistake in the billing system and removed it.

You have to really watch cell phone companies. No one is worse then t-mobile but the others will try to sneak stuff in from time to time.

7. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

The App store wouldn't have anything to do with AT&T.

Do both your phones on AT&T have unlimited data/texting? Have you roamed recently? Have you made a whole lot of 411 calls? Just throwing out possibilities to consider, so you're prepared if you need to argue with AT&T.

If the 49.99 is on your AT&T bill, that's a usage issue and not an Apple one.

8. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

The only thing that I can think of is my wife traveled to Connecticut to see her family. I don't thnk we would have gotten any roaming charges because we have a the Family Talk National Plan. I don't know, I think I will just have to call ATT tonight and either get it resolved or get owned by ATT.

9. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

My phone have unlimited data, 200 text messages that I never go over on. The wife does not have an iPhone, she has 200 text messages, she does go over every once in a while but not enough to make a $49.99 overage charge. I am baffeled at what the charge is, I guess only ATT knows. I'll post what comes out of the phone call to ATT later tonight.

10. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

ATT worked it out for me!

I just got the paper bill in the mail today and it itemized the charges. They were from this stupid facebook I.Q. test that sent a text message to my iPhone. I was charged $9.99, $14.99 and $19.99 for the third party service. ATT gladly got rid of the charges and is going to email me a pin number for some kind of password for downloading content not related to the App Store or iTunes.

11. cap'njack macrumors member

^ that's a sickening amount of money to recieve a text message.

I didn't know you could pay for stuff in the App Store by Paypal, is this a USA only thing? Or have I just not heard of it?

12. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You can't. Since this was on his bill from ATT it is really unrelated to the AppStore. Apple bills you separately for the AppStore.

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm not sure if it's a US only thing, but it's definitly legal and under your term fo agreement; something along the lines of "3rd parties can add charges to your account that AT&T isn't responsible for verifying." Some shady, shady ****.

14. shabbado macrumors member

shabbado

Call up ATT&T... the charges are not from the app store. You may be a victim of some online scam. This happened to my GF the other day.

Also, if this is the case, tell ATT&T to remove the charges. If they say they cannot remove them, insist and they will do it.

Good Luck!