App Store - and some newbie questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by onthecouchagain, Mar 17, 2012.

1. onthecouchagain, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Sorry for the newbie question; this is my first iPad.

How do I make it so that when I download something from the App Store, it doesn't automatically switch to the home screen to show it's downloading? How do I remain in the App Store app? Sometimes I want to download multiple things I see, and I don't want to have to scroll back to my main screen, and hit App Store again to download.

Is there a way?
    Thanks.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Not that I know of. That's the way Apple designed it, that's the way you are supposed to use it. And you are supposed to LIKE IT. ;) (kidding with ya :D )

But seriously, no, not that I know of. No settings or anything that I can think of.

3. Fireguyy macrumors member

I was thinking the same thing when downloading a bunch of apps the other day. It would be nice if you could create a cart or queue of apps to download before exiting the store.

4. Aksta macrumors regular

5. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

More newbie questions. How come in mail it doesn't show all the mail that I have on my gmail? I made it an exchange email. No matter how much I refresh it doesn't show more than a few emails. In settings I haves it showing as many as 500 Emails but it's not showing. Help?

Thanks again.

6. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Also, how do I get rid of the picture frame in the lock screen without having to set a pass code lock? Please tell me there's a way

7. Aksta macrumors regular

I think it only gets your unread emails on the mail app. Also you can't get rid of the picture frame button without a passcode.

8. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I think this is kind of ridiculous. I know without a passcode lock, people can get into your photos anyway, but to make this even easier, and worse, to not give people the option to turn it off is baffling. It'd be such a simple option to give to users.