Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agoodfella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
on my iPhone 4 after upgrading to iOS5, the App Store app is not showing updates, only when I select and go into the app do the pending updates show up.

Any fix for this?

Many thanks.

hackdroid

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
on my iPhone 4 after upgrading to iOS5, the App Store app is not showing updates, only when I select and go into the app do the pending updates show up.

Any fix for this?

Many thanks.

The same thing happens to my iPod touch 4G on iOS 5.0.1. I suspect that it may be a software issue, or maybe Apple intended this to be... Not sure yet but it's not a major issue yet. Try asking Apple Support by either phone or email. Good luck.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland

Any fix for this?

Many thanks.

That's how it's always been?! It never automatically showed updates unless you went into the app...

agoodfella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
That's how it's always been?! It never automatically showed updates unless you went into the app...

Really? How come my iPad and other iPhones show pending updates showing in the upper corner icon without first having to go into the APP?

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
Really? How come my iPad and other iPhones show pending updates showing in the upper corner icon without first having to go into the APP?

Perhaps you have the App Store running the background, causing it to update and check for updates. For users who don't have multi-tasking, you usually have to go in the app to check for updates; which is how I have always done it. Especially with iOS 5 now, you have the ability to make sure that the App Store automatically updates every app...

green94

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
I believe the App Store is starting to push updates now - I've started receiving them on my 4S.

It's been a long time coming, glad they are finally doing this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.