Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The App Store, Mac App Store, Apple Music, subscription purchases, and AppleCare on Device are all experiencing an outage, according to Apple's System Status page.

iOS-App-Store-General-Feature-Sqaure-Complement.jpg

Apple says that the services have been unavailable for some users since 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

Affected users may be unable to make purchases in the iTunes Store, Mac App Store, and App Store, and are also experiencing intermittent issues with Apple Music.

Update: Apple has fixed the outage.

Article Link: App Store, Apple Music, and More Experiencing Outage [Update: Fixed]

Last edited:

FaustsHausUK

Contributor
Mar 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I thought I was going insane - bought a few new releases in the iTunes app on my phone, nothing showing up in the Music app and the Purchased section of the iTunes app was throwing all kinds of bizarre errors when I tried to download via that (including per song alerts that items I purchased in the US store were not in the US store 🤡).

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I was wondering - it’s payday and I deposited some money into my Apple savings and it shows pending and won’t update the balance - normally it’s instant. I’m assuming this is part of the outage too.

chachawpi

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2009
I was wondering - it’s payday and I deposited some money into my Apple savings and it shows pending and won’t update the balance - normally it’s instant. I’m assuming this is part of the outage too.
Not listed as such if it is.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Between this and then the global Microsoft Teams outage, it’s been a rough Friday.

I’m having an issue updating my apps. The ones that say they’re updating just never finish and then I’m stuck being unable to open them. Rebooting and then NOT opening the App Store app helps. I’m also having an issue playing Apple Music. A lot of the tracks just skip.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
No issues here!

EDIT: According to the System Status page, the outage is resolved. Also, I don't use Microsoft Teams, so idk about that one.

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
Teams could have gone down at the office, IDK. I never use it. When my WinTel work box boots quitting teams is the first thing I do. It’s totally useless to me.

At around 2 PM EST everything took a steamy crap in our office. It’s a relatively large operation with about 70 or so desktop units, Cisco phones and the sundry printers and scanners and the like.

Whole thing crapped the bed. The Cisco network phones went dark, the network went down (no internal network or interWEBS). Don’t know if it was related but it almost never happens.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Experienced the Music outage briefly a few hours ago in Canada. Thought it was my internet. Restarted the Music app on AppleTV and it's been fine.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
Teams could have gone down at the office, IDK. I never use it. When my WinTel work box boots quitting teams is the first thing I do. It’s totally useless to me.

At around 2 PM EST everything took a steamy crap in our office. It’s a relatively large operation with about 70 or so desktop units, Cisco phones and the sundry printers and scanners and the like.

Whole thing crapped the bed. The Cisco network phones went dark, the network went down (no internal network or interWEBS). Don’t know if it was related but it almost never happens.

If you can, turn off Teams auto-start in startup settings in the Task Manager. It's such an annoying resource hog.

Reactions: IIGS User

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Did not face any issue. But glad to hear that everything is fixed and working all right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.