Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
California
Now that I have your attention... I had 2 pages of apps on my iPhone. I did a reboot holding the power and home button like I always do very so often. Phone came back on and all 3rd party apps are gone off my phone!

One other time before this when I did a reboot it gave me the apple logo with the spinning wheel inside it and wouldn't boot up.

I was jailbroken on 4.01 the 1st day but have done multiple dfu restores since than. Shouldn't it be working perfect?

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
Have you synced them back across from your computer or something?

How about ditching the jailbreak and going to 4.0.2? It's better than having no apps surely?

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
Sorry, I misunderstood, you haven't turn them off in Restrictions in Settings or something as simple as that (it's happened to me...) have you by accident? Or it having not synced right? Have you done a restore as new? I'm clutching at straws - I'm guessing :confused:

liquid85

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Check your "other" storage amount in iTunes. This happened to me the other day. My apps all disappeared and my other storage jumped up to 5 gigs. Somehow my apps got lost on the phone and when I put them back on i had copies of every app. I had to ssh into the phone and delete the copies. I still don't know why it happened though. Check your "other' storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.