app store apps won't update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by calvy, Feb 3, 2011.

1. calvy macrumors 65816

Pretty much like the title says, I got the Mac App store when it opened, and Twitter was the first app I downloaded. I downloaded a couple of others, like Evernote and TextWrangler. The problem is that even though i know there are updates available for some of these apps, the Mac App store program says all of my apps are up to date, and won't grab the new versions of the apps. I know Twitter 2.0.2 is available, and I've got 2.0.1, but no updates available.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Make sure that you didn't move the applications that have updates out of /Applications. If you have moved them out of there, put them back in and relaunch the Mac App Store. If you haven't moved the applications, you can delete and re-download them from the Mac App Store without losing the data, I'm sure.

3. calvy thread starter macrumors 65816

sorry to come back to this, but the Mac App store has been a total waste of my time so far. None of the apps I have installed ever show updates (Twitter, Evernote, TextWrangler). Well, I take that back. If I click the Updates section, it says all apps are up to date. However, if I click the Purchased tab to see all the apps I've bought, all of the apps show up, and many of them show that there is an update available. however, when I click the update button, it tells me I should sign into the account I used to buy the app. Problem is I only have one iTunes account, HAVE NEVER used another account, and have no idea why it's saying this. Every time I delete, then redownload them, the problem persists when a new version comes out eventually. Thus the app store is a worthless pile of garbage to me at the moment.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?