App Store browsing and searching incredibly slow for months

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Gary King, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Gary King macrumors 6502

I've had my iPod Touch, always running the latest iOS (non-beta), for years, and it's only been the past few months where it is incredibly slow to browse and search the App Store.

My WiFi connection is usually very quick (50 mbps download, at least), and browsing the web on Safari, or even the act of downloading apps themselves, is very quick. But browsing or searching the App Store can be really slow, sometimes taking 30 seconds to return search results, or it will even return a "Cannot connect to the App Store" error message.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I have tried restoring the device from a backup recently, because I heard this cleans up a few things. But it didn't really fix much, except perhaps giving me an extra 250 MB of space (on a 64 GB device).

Thanks in advance!

2. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

There is no fix to it only the connection to the internet whether it is on WIFI or direct. I sometimes find the app store slow depending on when I am looking on how many people are on it browsing as well.

3. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I agree it's been terrible. Maybe they'll spend some cash on some servers - oh wait they spent that money on crappy headphones and a con artist. Never mind.