App store budget poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macduke, Jul 10, 2008.

?

How much money, in total, are you willing to spend when the app store launches?

Poll closed Jul 25, 2008.
  1. $0, Live free or die hard baby.

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. < $10, I'm a cheapskate!

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. $10 - $30, Enough for a few good apps.

20 vote(s)
    42.6%
  4. $30 - $60, I'm loading it up!

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. > $60, Go big or go home.

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

How much money (USD) are you willing to spend, in total, on the new app store?

2. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

well i mean the first weekend maybe 50$. After that, as much money as i need to, in order to get the apps that are necessary to me.

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

It really depends on what kind of apps there.

4. macduke thread starter macrumors 604

macduke

I'm planning for about $50, but I may not buy that much the first day. I may wait a few weeks. I'm for sure getting Super Monkey Ball, that music creating app, AIM, Facebook, Pandora, eBay, hopefully an NFL app, maybe that caveman racing game (will wait for reviews, the premise seems kinda lame, want real cars on tracks), chess and bejeweled, iTunes remote, Nike+iPod, and whatever else entices me.

5. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

talk about premature...we don't even know what's out there and you are already budgeting.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Shootin' for the $60 per month budget; currently have $50 per month budget for TV Shows, just means combining the bill...:p

7. wako macrumors 65816

no offense but thats sort of a stupid question....

Im not going to give myself a budget and let myself go on a buying spree for that specific amount. Im going to buy applications that I like when I see them. If I happen to find 10 and all of them cost 10 bucks, then I will spend 100 bucks if that is honestly necessary.

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

With over 500 apps available at launch, chances are there will be over $1000 worth of useful apps and fun games. So a budget for launch Apps is indeed a good thing to be considering. For me, that's gonna be around $30. I'll spend more later, but at launch, just $30.

9. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I understand that some people are complaining about people budgeting, but in my case, I am not setting a budget, but a limit, all that I am going to spend on iTunes in the month of July is a max of $30 (which is higher then I usually would have it), and I haven't used any of that yet. $10 of that will be used to upgrade to 2.0, and the other $20 is what I will have for the Apps, but I won't necessarily go on a spree with that $20, I might not even spend it all.

10. wako macrumors 65816

of course the apps will have a use for them. but that doesnt mean you have to buy every single one of them. If you do it just means you have a compulsive behavior and you should get that taken care of.

I mean honestly are you guys really going to buy 5 frickin games right off the bat? I think the only thing I will buy is just an IMing application and thats it. I dont see a reason to buy anymore. Games will be nice, but I know I wont be spending hundreds on those or even a hundred...

My best guess is I probably will spend at the max of 100 bucks in a year. Not because Im limiting myself, its I cant imagine I will find an app that will be tempting enough to buy. Especially after i jailbreak my phone.....

11. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

I agree. The above statement makes this poll useless.