App Store: Cannot Download Large Apps Today

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by PerfectCr, Nov 1, 2013.

1. PerfectCr macrumors regular

Anyone else seeing this? Starting today ever since I got my Air, I am having issues on ALL my devices downloading large 400MB+ Apps (Infinity Blade III, Asphalt 8, Real Racing 3). When I start the download, it begins as if everything is fine, then suddenly stops and I get a dialog box saying "Cannot download App".

I did all the the usual troubleshooting steps (sign out/sign in, hard reset, reset all settings) and to top it off my wife is having the same issue. I have 90Mbps Road Runner Lightning connection with the new Apple AirPort Extreme Wireless AC access point, so it's not that. I can only ask if others are seeing the same thing. Anyone else having issues downloading large apps from the App Store today?

Another odd thing! I tried to download Infinity Blade III to my PC to manually sync, and the download wouldn't finish THERE either in iTunes, I got Error 8008! I can't figure out what's going on but if my wife's iPad is experiencing it I have to think the issue is larger in scope. Would love some feedback. Thanks!

2. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Fine at my end. Downloaded Bloodmasque since it went free and no problems from my side. Possibly router or internet issues? iTunes does have problems from time to time so I'm not too surprised. Happens to me once in a while. If it still continues then just wait until tomorrow.

3. LiqwidO2 macrumors newbie

Same here mine not working as soon as I bought 128g Ipad Air everything stopped working. I can download small apps but anything over 100mb says app cannot be downloaded at this time. This happens on all my devices now.

4. PerfectCr thread starter macrumors regular

Glad I am not the only one! Very odd problem.

5. LiqwidO2 macrumors newbie

We'll I hope this helps. So I brought my ipad air into work today just to see if it might be an issue with my internet at home and sure enough it's working. No message saying app could not be downloaded at this time. So I'm thinking it has something to do with our ISP. Perhaps they have Serbian ports blocked or a small firewall on their router. When I get home I'm going to try to log into the router and see if I can open everything for my ipad. Just too weirded that I don't have the problem on another wifi. Mind you this wifi is 100Mb so not sure if it has anything to do with it. But for sure it's the internet. My connection at home was stable so I'm betting it's something to do with ports being blocked from the ISP. I'm in IT and never seen this problem before. Hope this helps you. Call your internet service provider and explain what's going on. Let me know if your problem gets fixed

6. LiqwidO2 macrumors newbie

I got a fix after 4 hrs with Apple support. My device when I logged into my account registers as unsafe on apples side and all downloads got stuck. You need to call apple support and tell them your device might be in untrusted status and to cancel all pending downloads so you can start again. My device went I to untrusted 4 times they don't know why but it's an iTunes issue not the device. Once they fix it try slowly one app at a time then go for more. Mine finally works but I've yet to plug it in my PC. Hopefully that doesn't lock it out again. Hope this helps

Ps get some free stuff from them for your inconvenience :)

7. PerfectCr thread starter macrumors regular

I still have this issue. I will call them tonight. Very frustrating.

8. LiqwidO2 macrumors newbie

I have a fix finally 100%

So after many tries with apple I finally figured it out. I understand you said it's not your router because you can download other things great without connection loss.
    I to had no issue with my router and was online with no connection loss but guess what? On a hunch I swapped my router with a new one and bang! Everything works no more errors. I recommend even if you don't agree your router is the issue try a new one I guarantee it will work. I've been in IT for many years and seen routers do many quirky things but this is the first I've seen one limit certain downloads. Let me know how it works for you.

9. PerfectCr thread starter macrumors regular

I just got a new one. It's the Apple AirPort Extreme AC. Brand new. I get 100Mbps speeds consistently. (I have Road Runner Lightning). I download games from Steam at near 12MB/second with no issues.

10. LV426 macrumors 6502a

I noticed problems with iTunes store yesterday in general. For example, browsing for movies, clicking on some would result in an unknown error being generated. This was happening sporadically for quite a while.

iTunes does have problems from time to time - it's not a perfect world. Hopefully your problems will resolve themselves automatically.