APP Store cannot open after jb greenpoison 4.2.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphonetoday, Feb 8, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

hi all .. i found couple error when j/b greenpoison 4.2.1
    my iphone after jb with that version cannot open app store in homescreen
    it' freezing loading also before j/b untethered app store in my homescreen was alert update signal now all disappear
    how to fix this issue , thanks

2. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

What version of GP did you used? I used the second one, and have no problems at all... Maybe you need to restore and re JB

3. jimmie48jj macrumors newbie

I have a problem with App Store as well, it will open fine but when I try and install a new app it just crashes. It will let me update the apps I already have installed but wont let me download any new ones. :( I jailbroke almost as soon as GP came out, is there a new ver now?

iphone 4

4.2.1 GP

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Restore and redo JB w/ the latest GP RC5b4

5. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

God damn, this jailbreak is buggy.

Glad I held out.

6. jimmie48jj macrumors newbie

I did as said and reJB with new GP, I tested right after install to see if app store would work and it did. BUT after I restored all my packages with PKGbackup the problem came back. I have a lot of packages so I would not know where start on uninstalling. does anyone know what package could cause this>>>>?

7. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

As most will claim, it's always best to NOT restore backed up JB apps, and rather install apps as new from a fresh JB image. Too many cobwebs left in the closet when you restore from a previous set of installed apps.

8. jimmie48jj macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help, I figured it out! It was something really silly.. I had the app store hidden the icon that is(didn't like the badges) well I unhide it and it works Great!

DO NOT HIDE YOUR APP STORE LOL(SOLVED)