App Store - can't download apps on iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by catmonkey, Nov 19, 2010.

1. catmonkey macrumors member

I can download apps from my Mac but not direct from my iPhone, it says that I am accessing the store from a new device and I need to varify my payment information. This makes sense as I've just upgraded to a iPhone 4. However when I re enter my information (most of it is already filled out) it closes and says it cannot connect to the store and to try again later - ive been trying for a week now.

Anyone else experienced this? Its getting pretty annoying.

Many Thanks,
    Mike

2. nickdo macrumors newbie

App payment issue

I have just exchanged a faulty iPhone 4 for a new one restored it and have this apps payment issue exactly the same as you, have you managed to resolve it.

Thanks

N

3. catmonkey thread starter macrumors member

Not as of yet

I'm still trying and nothing so far. I also noticed that if I go into my account on iTunes it won't let me change or remove card information either - still hunting around the internet to find a solution.

4. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

What is the exact error message you get when you type in your creditcard information?

5. catmonkey thread starter macrumors member

Error Messages

The error messages on the iPhone are;

Verification Required - continue to sign in to verify payment information - Sign in Required - (on the account screen with my card information entered besides security code) "Your account has been accessed from a new computer or device and you must verify your payment information before you can make purchases"

So I enter the security code as other details are already correct AND this time it works! I don't know what may have happened but while this thread has been ongoing Apple must have fixed a bug or something.

Thank you anyway and I hope this has changed for you nickdo too.

6. nickdo macrumors newbie

7. miguelb macrumors newbie

I Have the same problem

I upgraded from a 3gs to an iPhone 4. I am having the same problem