App store chart stagnant and not updating

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by danderton, Dec 26, 2011.

1. danderton macrumors member

Is it me or does the app store chart seem to been stagnant over the last couple of days? Tracking Santa seems to still be in the top charts and app reviews haven't updated over the same time period?

Not just my iPhone, seems to be the same on iTunes

2. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

iTunes Connect has been on holiday (reopening Dec 29) so I'm suspecting the charts are as well.

3. danderton thread starter macrumors member

Yh - but would assume that they would at least keep the chart updated. Could seem as misleading else. I can understand comments as they are vetted.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I can not get my X-Pane for iPad to update for the last 3 days! It will not let me use the App anymore until I do. WTF!

5. firewood macrumors 604

I saw movement of one of my newer apps up the charts during the holidays, so I know they were not totally frozen. Maybe just mired in holiday taffy.

6. psonice macrumors 6502a

It's back to normal, but it was behaving pretty weirdly for a few days over xmas. I have some software that tracks the position of all my apps in all the charts around the world, and for 4-5 days they *almost* stopped moving. Some of them seemed to flatline, others seemed to move just a little and then stop, and others seemed to jump between 2 numbers - like either 150 or 130, switching places every few hours. Very odd.