App store continually crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrkramer, Sep 6, 2011.

1. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I recently got to school so I finally have fast enough internet to upgrade to 10.6.8 and get the app store. So I did it, however any time I try to launch the app store the icon just bounces a couple times and then it crashes. It worked once after I did the upgrade but never again.I did have a kernal panic as I was downloading the updates, but after I restarted I had software update go back and finish the download and install the upgrade. Everything else works fine. Maybe someone can help me get it working? I don't know if it will help anyone, but I'll post the details from the problem report, I'll try to do it in a different post since the forum says it's too long.

Edit: I copied and pasted the crash report into text edit and attached it.

Attached Files:

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

If I were you I would uninstall the App Store and have it reinstall itself. See if that works, if not try restoring back to a previous OS X version that you were at and upgrading again.

3. mrkramer thread starter macrumors 603

mrkramer

Any way to do that without an OS X install disk?

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Hmm...Before doing a reinstall I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling. There is also a terminal command to reset certain apps -- looking for this.

5. mrkramer thread starter macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yeah I'm wondering how you get just the app store to reinstall it I don't think Apple has any direct links to download it since it was included in an OS X update.

6. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Ah ok I see what you're saying. I talked to an Apple rep through the chat online and they said they can send you a link that you can reinstall with. So my new recommendation is to go to the Apple site and get on the online chat to talk with them or take it in and they will do it for you at an Apple store.