App Store could be the answer to some missing "features"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 99X, Jun 10, 2008.

1. 99X macrumors newbie

So I've been reading a lot of what people were disappointed with the keynote. Most notably, the missing features that they thought would be in the new 2.0 upgrade.

- no copy/paste
    - no video capture
    - no MMS
    - no Mobile instant messaging

Obviously, it probably can't do them all, but I think the App store is going to be the place to debut the release of some that do this very thing. AOL already showed an IM client using the iPhone. Someone could make a video capture app... that you could take video and send to friends and so on... I think that the app store has huge potential to give us stuff that even Jobs hasn't thought of, especially since little no-name developers can make stuff and release it there. Don't lose hope - they can update the phone anytime also.

2. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Please please let there MMS....thats all I really care about.

3. davem7 macrumors member

Of that list, only the first is fairly irritating. I don't use my iPhone as a camera (see my sig for why) and never send MMS. The last would be really nice, though.

More gutted about a lack of memory upgrade, personally. Was really hoping for 32gb.

4. hdguy20060207 macrumors newbie

radio

Since there is no radio in here, the Rogers guy said I could
    use safari or wi-fi ( if in range) to stream radio from the website.
    Has anybody tried this ? Is 3G fast and reliable enough to support this ?

Thx.

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

90% of streaming radio uses WMA or Flash (at least in the US, assume it would be just about the same in Canada). If the station you like uses anything other than Quicktime to steam, you're screwed. Even then, some Quicktime steams might not play depending on the way they put it in their webpage.