App Store crashing (fixed)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hoogen, Aug 6, 2010.

1. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

ok there are no kittens or free candy, or beer, maybe a hug, but i needed to get yalls attention

to start this off i did a search and didnt see the same problem i am having (could have missed it but idk). i have a jailbroken iphone 4 on 4.0.

i am having a problem with the app store crashing/not loading. i went into the app store to update some apps and 3g unrestrictor popped up and asked is i want to use it on the app store. i clicked yes (because there are some apps over 20mb that require wifi to download). i went to updates and clicked update all and it froze.

i turned off 3g unrestrictor, went into sbsettings and cleared it from the processes, cleared it from the multitasking bar, and tryed again. now it just sits there blank then crashes.

[​IMG]

did 2 hard resets (both times reset fine without going into safe mode), didnt fix the problem.

i then went into settings to clear my itunes password and try a different one (hopefully get the app store to open with a sign in window) but i clicked on the store icon and it just stayed blue and settings froze (untill i cleared it from sbsettings)

[​IMG]

i dont want to do a restore. and i am out of ideas other than going into the phone thru openssh and trying to reload the app store. yesterday i did put netflix on my phone (via the ipad netflix app http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=985874) not sure if this could cause the problem

i am good at fixing these problems but this one is stumping me.
    any help would be greatly appreciated

2. hoogen thread starter macrumors regular

hoogen

ok, i think i fixed it. i opened the app and strategically tapped my fingers all over the screen and it started working. damn im good