All iPads App Store crashing on iPad.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Does anyone have an issue with App Store crashing on their iPad? I noticed this happening around a week ago - possibly a few days earlier. Usually when I go in and look up updates, it just crashes back to the Springboard. Can happen in other sections too. A couple of times though, I have been in browsing the App Store for a while with no issues. This is happening on my iPad rMini. My iPhone 5 does not have this issue. I checked with the other half's iPad rMini and it has the same crashing issue.
Both are on IOS 7.1 but I'm sure this issue only happened a while after that update. App will still update in the background so no issues there.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
No, not for me, its been very stable. Did you try to close the app store and then reboot the iPad?

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
No, not for me, its been very stable. Did you try to close the app store and then reboot the iPad?
Yes, done all the usual things like rebooting etc. I haven't tried a restore and not planing to as it can be a PITA at times but wanting to see if anyone else is having this issue since the other half also is and she has different apps and a different apple id.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
This happened to me several times yesterday. I closed all the apps, then switched off and on again. I think the app store was doing updates at the time. It seems ok now.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
If it's a continuing problem, back it up using iTunes and do a DFU restore. This will make it like factory fresh and will fix many software problems. It won't fix hardware issues but is a last resort before an Apple visit.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
This happened to me several times yesterday. I closed all the apps, then switched off and on again. I think the app store was doing updates at the time. It seems ok now.
Which iPad do you have?

----------

If it's a continuing problem, back it up using iTunes and do a DFU restore. This will make it like factory fresh and will fix many software problems. It won't fix hardware issues but is a last resort before an Apple visit.
I'll do this as a last resort, the issue being if it is software related, there is a high likelihood of the issue being brought back when you restore from back up. I'll leave it for a few days and see what is happening. As I say, it is only in the App Store and intermittent.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
Which iPad do you have?

----------

I'll do this as a last resort, the issue being if it is software related, there is a high likelihood of the issue being brought back when you restore from back up. I'll leave it for a few days and see what is happening. As I say, it is only in the App Store and intermittent.
I have the iPad Air