iPhone App store crashing out of nowhere

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by uisim151, Jan 7, 2014.

1. uisim151, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

uisim151 macrumors regular

uisim151

When I install or update apps via appstore it crashes on me I have no pirated apps but I did add extra repos when I first jailbroke my phone and noticed there is a package from insanley called GUI-GPG-SEC. I must have installed something from that repo on accident. Now the source of this package is unknown because the repo was deleted. This started today tho and I haven't changed anything really, What can cause the appstore to crash?

EDIT: I guess its not iconoclasms fault. Whenever I try to update an app or install one I get sent into safe mode. What can be the cause of this?

2. uisim151 thread starter macrumors regular

uisim151

3. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

uninstall all the cracked repos and apps you have installed…

4. uisim151 thread starter macrumors regular

uisim151

dont have any....... only thing that could have possibly done something is i checked "unused dependancies" in icleaner but i dont know if that would cause problems

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. uisim151 thread starter macrumors regular

uisim151

lol as in restart? or restore? becasuse the basics do not help. Is there a known problem with bigify that may do that on a 5s?

7. confucious macrumors 6502

So you've installed some nasty repos and wonder why you have problems?

Why did you add those repos in the first place?

8. uisim151 thread starter macrumors regular

uisim151

I dont have any installed. This is my first jailbroken phone basically. as soon as I jailbroke it i searched "top repos" and carelessly added a few not knowing what I was doing. I was just looking for a old version of one app but after I kept getting old versions of every app in my search I deleted them because it wasn't worth the trouble. I didn't install cracked apps. the only cracked app I installed was icleaner and when I noticed it was from insanely or whatever repo i deleted it and got the real one. and this problem is not persistent it goes away and comes back.. the only thing i could see is this "gui-gpg-sec". No idea how it got there and it says files installed to cydia.app., so im scared to delete it. This has been there since the day the jailbreak came out and I think it said its from insanely because when I deleted the repo it then said its from a unknown source? is this a needed package or can I get rid of it?

And simply adding a repo temporarily should not cause problems.....

P.s this happens because of a legitimate bigify or iconoclasm. With none of these installed everything works as it should

9. confucious macrumors 6502

Restore your phone JB again and don't add any resources or apps unless you know they are genuine and safe.

10. uisim151 thread starter macrumors regular

uisim151

yea these two tweaks shouldnt cause this problems, just started a restore while I still can. Not worth the hassle. Sucks I got about 30gigs of games I gota re-download........

11. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I was having the exact same problem. What fixed it for me was going to Settings/iTunes & AppStore and turning "Automatic Downloads" back on for Updates. Haven't crashed since..

12. uisim151, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

uisim151 thread starter macrumors regular

uisim151

cool ill give it a try just did a full restore and about 17 apps in it started happening. I thought its iconoclasm or bigify but it happens even withought those tweaks.

edit: unfortunately this was already on