app store does not prompt me for my password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arainman, May 2, 2010.

1. arainman macrumors newbie

We have two iphones. When I purchase an app on my iphone it prompts me to enter my password. On my wifes iphone, when she purchases an app it does not prompt her to enter her password, it just begins the download. With a 6yr old that plays with both of our phones, this can be a very dangerous thing on my wife's phone.........any ideas on where I go to make hers just like mine??? Thanks

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I've never, ever heard of this happening. I wish I had this "problem".

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Generally if you put in your password for one app and then buy another, the iphone will remember the password. If you restart, it should ask for your password.
    If you restart and it still doesnt ask, try restoring and that should fix it.

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Yeah, it'll remember passwords for a while after you've bought an app. Maybe around 10-15 mins.

5. bigchief macrumors 6502a

The last person I know that let her 6 year old play with her iPhone dropped it in the toilet. $199.00 plus tax.

6. arainman thread starter macrumors newbie

HAHAHA......well, he DOES NOT get to play with it on the toilet :) unlike myself! :) thanks for the info.....we have seen that there seems to be some time line on it, as previously posted.....I thought once you turn the phone off, then back on, it resets it..but not the case....a little more time went by and voila, password! Thanks people!