App Store downloads taking forever... Apple server overloaded?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Digidesign, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Not seeing many other posts about this so I wasn't sure if it's just my new iPad, but downloading previously purchased apps from the App Store are taking forever... 30 minutes for twitter, for instance.

Update: Ok, it may just be my iPad. What I did when I got to the home screen was to open the App Store, go to purchased apps and started hitting Install for the apps. This led to screens of app icons with the Waiting status, and the incredibly slow download speeds.

What I did was to tap each Waiting icon to change it to Paused, then unpause one at a time so only one app is downloading. This seems to speed up the download.

2. Aksta macrumors regular

It's quite slow and virgin media have curbed my Internet speed because I have gone over the pathetic download limit of 750mb so I'm down to 2.5 mb Internet

3. Flyfrnk1624 macrumors member

Flyfrnk1624

I am having this same issue and I can not get to the bottom of it. I've tried restoring my iPad, I have nothing in my downloads queue, I have a 30MB download speed and it's taking forever to download apps whether it be on my iPad or iPhone. I'm going to lose my mind.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

You can be guaranteed that Apple has more than a single server.