App store Downloads with iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tbdbuckeyeitl, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Tbdbuckeyeitl macrumors regular

I have an iMac 3.4 i7. I also have dsl 6.0 speed. I wanted to download a game that was 4 gb. The time said over 3 hours, is this normal? If not problem with iMac? Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you verify you're actually getting those speeds, or are you going by what your ISP tells you? Go to speedtest.net to check your actual speed.

3. Tbdbuckeyeitl thread starter macrumors regular

4. Hublar macrumors newbie

App Store is extremely slow

It's slow for me to.

Hub

5. Tbdbuckeyeitl thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone else download games from App Store. Does times sound normal?

6. Bear macrumors G3

Presuming by DSL 6.0 you mean 6megabits per second, then presuming you are getting full speed and not accounting for anything else that is going on ove rthe net nor account for protocol overhead on the download, you will get 45 megabytes a minute or about 2.6 GB an hour. Allowing for protocol overhead and other things going on, I would expect it take at least 2 hours to download 4GB.

Since we don't know if you're actually getting a full 6Mb/s since advertised and actual speeds can be different on DSL, I'd say 3 hours is quite reasonable for a 4GB download.

7. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I never have issues with the Mac app store.

I have a 1gig connection in my apartment and there's times that the Mac App store/iTunes will actually max my connection out...