app store email is not mine

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Baker988, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Baker988 macrumors member

Ok so I tried to install a program from the app store on my unlocked jailbroken iphone and and when it prompted me for my password the email that comes up isnt mine it says "potioncocreator@sbcglobal.net". What the hell is this??!?!? I have downloaded from the app store before and my email address was there so I dont know whats going on. Any ideas?

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Sync with iTunes, if the account on iTunes is yours then it will transfer over to your iPhone.

David

3. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Haha, no. Bricking is not possible. I have yet to hear of someone bricking an iPhone. There are many ways to fix a non-responsive iPhone. This will not hurt your iPhone.

David

5. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member

So how did the random email address get in there? you have any clue?

6. The General macrumors 601

Did you download a pirate application? Perhaps it was improperly or not decrypted.

7. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member

recently winterboard and an application that puts status icon in the status bar. but i took winterboard off and all that except the status icon. but those for cydia. I downloaded the facebook app and deleted it and i tried to download it again and it said it wasnt compatiable with my iphone. So I dont know how to get it out of there or how it happened.

8. The General macrumors 601

Those aren't pirate applications. Here's what I'm asking:

Did you download pirate copies of App Store apps that normally cost money, but for free? Because that could be what the problem is.

Also, are you running firmware 2.2?

9. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member

oh ok sorry for misunderstanding. No I have not downloaded anything of that sort. I am running 2.1 I'm not sure how to run 2.2 since I'm unlocked and jailbroken. It just made me think somebody hacked my iPhone or something I know that might sound ridiculous.

10. The General macrumors 601

No one hacked your phone. Just update to 2.2 and use Quickpwn to jailbreak and unlock.

11. msharpmu macrumors regular

This happenned to me. Did you plug your phone into someone elses computer to charge? When I did this it changed all my iTunes info to the last computer I was plugged into. I had to log my friend out of iTunes, sign myself in and reconnect my phone.

12. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

The other day my old iPhone displayed "csweeney@gmail.com" when downloading an app. No big deal.

13. Baker988 thread starter macrumors member

oh wow I feel stupid I did plug it into a friends computer like 2 weeks ago to charge it that makes perfect sense thank you so much!

14. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Is that you friends email address then?