App store error when not using wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brad9922, Aug 3, 2010.

1. brad9922 macrumors newbie

Hi. Bought iPhone 4 on the 3 network in the UK and I'm really happy with it so far. The only problem is when I open the app store, then click an app, instead of the download page loading I get the attached screen shot. Anyone else seen it? It only happens when I'm connected over 3g, wifi is completely fine. I've been in to the 3 store and they said it's probably an Apple problem, whereas Apple think it's a 3 problem.

Attached Files:

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Looking at the output the App provides, I'd say it's something wrong with the App Store.

The network appears to be providing the App Store with the data it needs to display the page correctly but it isn't doing that.

If there was a problem with the network, the App Store should handle that correctly (with an error message).

Have you tried downloading something from the iTunes Store (like a free podcast?) over 3G?

3. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

4. brad9922 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. Just got off the phone to 3 and they said it's a known problem and should be sorted soon. They said it's because 3 are new to iPhone so they're having teething problems. Just hope they sort it out soon as it's a tad annoying.

5. vito macrumors 6502a

i'm also having the same problem, on 3 - have reset my network settings when I go to app store cat listings it shows the iTunes full web version but mainly the screenshot you've posted.