Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The App Store is experiencing a temporary outage that started at 7:30 a.m. Pacific Time, according to Apple's System Status website. Apple's site says that there's an unspecified ongoing issue that's affecting some users.

Part of the problem appears to be linked to in-app purchases, based on a tweet from a Fortnite Twitter account, which says that in-app App Store purchases are unable to be completed at this time.

appstoreoutage.jpg

Other users have complained about not being able to make purchases from the App Store, receiving an unable to connect message.

There's no word on when the App Store problems will be resolved, but we'll update this article when the issues have been addressed.

Update: Apple is no longer listing an outage on the System Status website, suggesting the issue has been fixed.

Article Link: App Store Experiencing Outage [Update: Fixed]

Last edited:

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Purchased an app this morning without incident. Maybe it only affects users west of the Mississippi River.;)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I have an iPad waiting for a software update. When I tapped "Download and install," the text would blink but then return to saying "Downlaod and install". Now I know why it was failing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.