App Store frequently tells me there are OLDER updates?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by slapple, Feb 26, 2009.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

Last night I loaded App Store on my 3G iPhone, and it said there were a couple updates, but their dates were from 2008. That has happened frequently before, and I usually just do the updates anyway. This time, I didn't do it. And now I went back into the App Store, and it says there are no updates. So that means they really were older versions that showed up. Why does this happen fairly often?

2. return7 macrumors 6502

This is happening to me as well. It's just a bug a on Apple's end. I tried it and it seemed to download the latest anyway..weird. :confused:

3. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I have this trouble periodically too. It happens for awhile and then it stops. This morning the App Store on my iPhone showed I had 17 applications to update. I looked at several of them individually, and the screen for that application then showed that it was installed. I closed the App Store and returned a little bit later, and it said all were up to date, which is true. Seventeen applications is a record high number for me for this weird behavior. It has to be on Apple's end.

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This happens to me on a daily basis - usually because I obsessively check the App Store for updates. When this occurs, I just close it and reopen it and these fake updates are gone.

5. aluren macrumors 65816

same problem with mine. it's getting annoying... apple, please fix it!

6. robotartfashion macrumors 6502

i saw there were updates and clicked "update all"

now i have 14 apps that are frozen with the little update status bar unfilled and cannot be launched

awesome apple!!
    :confused:

7. Kiedoy macrumors member

thank goodness someone started a post about this.... last night i looked at my phone and i had 18 freakin updates... I was like hmm that seems to be a little more than normal haha

8. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

is this happening on certain applications? I haven't seen it on any that I have

9. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Hmm, It does seem to be the same applications over and over, not a random selection of all that I have.

10. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Same happens here! I suppose it's just a bug on Apple's end, just like the gray loading/downloading App icon in firmware version 2.1 or something.

Ams.

11. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Same thing here, they stopped this morning. Must be on the app-store end.

12. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Same has been happening to me the past week or so.. in fact, it just happened to me 5 minutes ago when I went into the App Store.

13. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

This happened to me today with LightBike, I didn't update, but instead went back into the App Store a couple hours later and refreshed, and then the old update went away.

14. petemwah macrumors regular

yeah this is happening to me too.

i'm finding the iphone app store less and less reliable, updates showing up when they're already installed, actually app updates NOT showing up... come on apple, sort it out!

15. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

it happens to me almost every other time i open the app store.

16. philMBP macrumors 6502

17. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Yeah, happening here too.. Here is an example..

[​IMG]

18. Spartan12103 macrumors newbie

I get this a lot too. It helps when you sync your iPod and the problems usually go away for a while.

19. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Sometimes when this happens I can't launch the apps until I "update". They just crash to the home screen. It's been happening for a few weeks.

20. MBX macrumors 65816

Same here. It's trying to update to older versions than what's installed.

Anybody know if this is something that we just need to wait out?

21. S Brake macrumors regular

I've been having the same thing happen a lot on my phone.

22. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This happened to me. On two occasions I had 12 Apps that thought they needed updates.

On five occasions just Ambiance wants to go from 2.0 to 1.5.2? Then it wants to go back to 2.0.

23. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

this always happens on my touch

all i do to fix it is open the app store, and then close it and open it again and it tells me if I really have an app update.

Zym

24. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I'm having almost the same problem. I get a real update for an app, then after that it tells me I have an update for it again, but the version number is for the last version. But instead of disappearing, these build up. Right now I have about 25 "updates". On my ipod though, this doesn't happen. Previous updates show up now and then, but they don't stick around. They disappear and reappear in small groups.

25. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Same thing here. Closing and reopening the App Store usually does the trick. It's not cool because sometimes I really do think a update is out (iDracula 1.1 anybody:p) and I get worked up over nothing:(