App Store Game Download Numbers

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bridgeyman, Oct 22, 2008.

1. bridgeyman macrumors member

I am one of those lucky enough to get a game on the App Store from pretty early on. There was definitely a lot to learn and quite a few obstacles to actually getting my game on the App Store, and the worse part was that I had no idea if it would be worth it. Now that I have been collecting sales data on my application for a while I thought I would help other potential iPhone programmers by showing what might seem typical on the App Store. You can see the detailed day-by-day breakdown here: http://blog.fieryferret.com/2008/10/rebound-development-app-store-story.html

I don't know if this is really what can be expected, but hopefully this helps someone out! If nothing else it is somewhat interesting to see what effects a review or an update has on the sales.

Bridger Maxwell
    Try Lumen

2. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I played your lite version... it was fun, I just had my eye on other things. I'd say you did pretty darn well. Congrats!

As for help, yes that does help. I've been searching all over for all the sales data I can find so I can see how much I can possibly expect... to at least get some sort of estimate. Thanks!